Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is CSIT?
The Centre for Strategic Infocomm Technologies (CSIT) is a technical agency in the Ministry of Defence that harnesses cutting-edge digital technologies to meet Singapore's security needs.
2. What is The InfoSecurity
TISC is an online challenge organised by CSIT since 2020. It provides opportunities
for interested Singaporeans to put their cybersecurity and programming skills
to the test by solving challenging puzzles against the clock.
3. What if I’m having problems
with the registration, challenge platform, etc., or I have any enquiries about the challenge?
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Can I participate in this challenge with my friends as a team?
TISC is an individual challenge, you may only participate as an
5. I am not a Singapore citizen (e.g. PR, foreigner), can I participate in this challenge?
Only Singapore citizens are eligible to participate in this challenge.
6. What skills do I need to
take part in this challenge?
As the questions are challenging, it would be beneficial to have prior
knowledge in programming languages and cybersecurity.
7. Where can I register for this challenge?
We will include the link here once registration opens.
8. Is there a registration
9. Is there a closing date for the registration?
Registration will remain open throughout the competition, and will only close 1 hour before the end of the competition. (e.g., if the competition ends on 11 Sep 2100H, registration will close on 11 Sep 2000H).
10. How do I create an account?
You will be required to log in with MyInfo to create an account. A confirmation
email will be sent after successful registration. Please check all inboxes to
ensure that the mail is not missed.
11. Is there a selection process
There is no selection process, all eligible candidates are welcome to
participate in the challenge after registering.
12. What equipment do I need for the challenge?
A computer with internet connection.
13. Am I required to download anything for the challenge?
Participants may use tools or applications of their choice to complete the challenge.
14. Must I play for 2 weeks straight?
The competition platform opens for two weeks, starting from 2100H on the first day and ends at the same time on the last day of the competition. You may log in and out of the competition platform any time during this duration to attempt the challenges.
15. What if while playing, my browser/internet crashes? Will I get to continue from my previous attempt?
As long as you have submitted your flag, it will be saved.
16. If I registered for an account before competition starts, but only start playing at 2000H one day before the competition ends, how much time do I have to attempt the challenges?
You have 24 hours and 59 minutes left to attempt the challenge.
17. What if I cannot complete the challenges by the end of the competition?
As this is a challenge, no extra time will be given.
18. What are the steps in place to prevent cheating?
CSIT will implement technical measures to find out if participants have violated the rules of fair game play.
19. What if I suspect someone is cheating?
You may let the organisers know at email@example.com.
20. How do I qualify for the cash prizes?
Participants who complete any of the top 3 levels of challenges (i.e., flags must be submitted) will be eligible for prizes.