Evaluation of Security Mechanisms in Apple iOS
- Apple iOS employs multiple security mechanisms in its devices such as Keychain, Data Protection API, Hardware keys, etc.
- To conduct research to evaluate security in iOS devices.
To perform an evaluation on the security mechanisms in Apple iOS.
Scope & Deliverables
- To study implementation of security mechanisms in the iOS such as Keychain, Data Protection API, Hardware keys, etc.
- To demonstrate understanding of the security mechanisms and implementations through analysis and evaluations using open-source tools for security testing. The intern can also create their own tools to perform security evaluations.
- The research would focus on the most recent iOS version.
- Deliverables include reports detailing the security mechanisms in terms of their cryptographic implementation, results of evaluations using open-source tools for security testing and intern-developed tools created for security testing.
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Some programming background (e.g. Python, C/C++)
- Basic knowledge on usage of iOS (iPhone/Mac)
- Knowledge of Objective C or Swift programming would be preferable but not necessary.