Cyber Security Vulnerability Researcher
We are looking for passionate individuals to be part of our vulnerability research team dedicated to keeping our systems and software safe.
You will be part of a team of vulnerability researchers to perform security audit on platforms such as operating systems, software applications and services. The audit process includes identifying potential security flaws in the platform, assessing their impact on the security of the platform through simulating breach scenarios, and devising potential remediation to counter identified security flaws.
An ideal candidate should be passionate about vulnerability research and is motivated to learn independently.
- Investigate disclosed vulnerabilities and assess the impact on the security of the platform
- Conduct research to gain in-depth understanding of the operating system architecture (kernel and subsystems) and how these subsystems could be exploited by malware
- Perform vulnerability research through code audit, black box testing, reverse engineering, proof-of-concept simulations to understand the impact on the security of the platform
- Discover and remediate threats due to security flaws to end point systems, network elements (such as routers and network security appliances) and services (such as cryptographic implementations)
- Research and engineer novel solutions to cyber security threats
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong interest and passion for vulnerability research in at least one of the following platforms (Windows, Mobile, Linux, Network Appliance, Cloud)
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Creative, curious, innovative, self-motivated and independent
- A degree in Infocomm Security, Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics or equivalent
- Knowledge in C/C++ programming and Assembly would be an added advantage
As we are an agency under the Ministry of Defence (Singapore), only Singapore Citizens will be considered.