1. Who is CSIT?
CSIT is the leading agency in MINDEF that conducts applied research and builds products
which harness cutting-edge digital technologies to meet Singapore's national
2. What is The InfoSecurity
TISC is an online challenge organised by CSIT since 2020. It provides opportunities
for interested Singaporeans to put their cybersecurity and programming skills
to the test by solving challenging puzzles against the clock.
3. What if I’m having problems
with the registration, challenge platform, etc., or I have any enquiries about the challenge?
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Can I participate in this challenge with my friends as a team?
TISC is an individual challenge, you may only participate as an
2. I am not a Singapore citizen (e.g. PR, foreigner), can I participate in this challenge?
Only Singapore citizens are eligible to participate in this challenge.
3. What skills do I need to
take part in this challenge?
As the questions are challenging, it would be beneficial to have prior
knowledge in programming languages and cybersecurity.
1. Where can I register for this challenge?
You may register here.
2. Is there a registration
3. Is there a closing date for the registration?
No. Registration will remain open throughout the competition.
4. How do I create an account?
You will be required to log in with MyInfo to create an account. A confirmation
email will be sent after successful registration. Please check all inboxes to
ensure that the mail is not missed.
5. Is there a selection process
There is no selection process, all eligible candidates are welcome to
participate in the challenge after registering.
1. What equipment do I need for the challenge?
A computer with internet connection.
2. Am I required to download anything for the challenge?
Participants may use tools or applications of their choice to complete the challenge.
3. Must I play for 2 weeks straight?
The competition platform opens from 29 Oct 2021 2100H to 14 Nov 2021 2100H. You may log in and out of the competition platform any time during this duration to attempt the challenges.
4. What if while playing, my browser/internet crashes? Will I get to continue from my previous attempt?
As long as you have submitted your flag, it will be saved.
5. If I registered for an account on 28 Oct 2021, but only start playing on 13 Nov 2021 2100H, how much time do I have to attempt the challenges?
You have 23 hours and 59 minutes left to attempt the challenge.
6. What if I cannot complete the challenges by 14 Nov 2021 2100H?
As this is a challenge, no extra time will be given.
7. What are the steps in place to prevent cheating?
CSIT will implement technical measures to find out if participants have violated the rules of fair game play.
8. What if I suspect someone is cheating?
You may let the organisers know at email@example.com.
1. How do I qualify for the cash prizes?
Participants who complete levels 8, 9 and 10 (i.e., submit all flags for levels 8, 9 and 10) will be eligible for prizes.