Cyber Vulnerability Researcher
2-4 Months, > 4 Months
We use many different software and devices in our everyday life. Unfortunately, many of these products may contain security vulnerabilities, which could be exploited to compromise a system or device.
As a Cyber Vulnerability Researcher intern, you will:
- Conduct research into security vulnerabilities on systems and software.
- Get an opportunity to understand how vulnerabilities manifest and how a malicious attacker can exploit them.
- Look into various techniques to discover vulnerabilities, like reverse engineering, code auditing, black box testing etc.
- Analyze the vulnerabilities and develop proof-of-concepts to demonstrate the security impact these vulnerabilities may have.
- Look into security mitigations and assess their effectiveness at mitigating these vulnerabilities.
- Research into techniques and tools to discover vulnerabilities in systems and software.
- Analyse security vulnerabilities and assess their impact.
- Research into ways to mitigate against these vulnerabilities.
- Windows systems
- Network devices
- Linux systems
- Mobile devices
- Cloud systems and services
- Strong interest in Cyber security
- Experienced in C/C++ programming and Python
- Knowledge in assembly (e.g. x86, ARM), reverse engineering and software vulnerabilities (e.g. buffer overflows) is highly recommended.
*List is non-exhaustive as projects are subject to availability at point of application