2-4 Months, > 4 Months
Raw data flows at high speed and high volume across enterprise systems. The multiplicity of file format and erroneous file content often make integration and maintenance of systems a challenging task. Data Engineers need to find trends in this complex environment and develop algorithms to make raw streaming data useful to the organisation. As a Data Engineer intern, you will:
- Gain valuable experience in big data manipulation and acquire deep knowledge in database design and programming.
- Learn to manage, analyse and extract database-centric distinctive information and enrich them in real time to provide value to the end user.
- Be able to hone your technical skills using multiple programming languages and scripting tools.
- Conduct technology scan and proof-of-concept.
- Data acquisition, query and manipulation to address business issues.
- Design, develop, test and deliver the system.
- Present the system to management and users.
- DPI accelerator (using Snort/Regex)
- Pcap search engine
- KSQL real-time stream processing
- Prior knowledge in programming
*List is non-exhaustive as projects are subject to availability at point of application