Senior Data Scientist
CSIT develops products to advance the national security interests of Singapore. Our products are used in a wide range of operations, including but not limited to, Counter-terrorism and Computer Network Defence. We are looking for talented data scientists to build mission critical data-driven products that identify, analyse and disrupt threats.
You will be part of a dynamic team of data specialists responsible for tackling the most complex problems in national security through the use of machine learning and data analytics. You will work with a variety of rich multimodal datasets and high velocity data streams to develop and implement algorithms that drive key business decisions. Our ideal team member will have strong quantitative and computational skills, but will not shy from writing high-quality, extensible and maintainable code.
- Apply statistical and machine learning techniques on large-scale datasets to verifiably address a variety of business needs
- Mentor junior team members on machine learning and best practices
- Identify high-impact opportunities for applying machine learning and data analytics to solve key business issues
- Collaborate closely with business users to extract actionable insights from data and develop data-driven solutions to meet their needs
- Keep current with developments in academia and industry
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Physics etc.) or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in applying machine learning techniques (such as classification, anomaly detection and recommendation systems) on non-trivial datasets
- Deep understanding of a particular domain (e.g. natural language processing or recommendation systems) with working knowledge of a broader range of machine learning and data mining concepts
As CSIT is an agency under the Ministry of Defence (Singapore), only Singapore Citizens will be considered.
- Knowledge of big data and streaming technologies such as Hadoop, Spark and Kafka would be an added advantage
- Experience in leading and managing data science teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills